Academic advising is an integral part of the IUPUI Honors College. Honors advisors assist students in the selection of honors course work, registration, and other academic matters. Honors advising does not replace the regular academic advising students receive from their departments. Our advisors help ensure that Honors Scholars meet the requirements of the IUPUI Honors College and their scholarships, as well offering career advising, programming for co-curricular academic activities, and professional and personal development.
During the first year, Honors advisors focus on developing strong relationships with students by providing time for individual meetings and developing a working four year plan. Honors peer mentors also assist Honors advisors by helping to provide a student perspective on academic planning. As students move forward in their degree, Honors advisors continually challenge students to intentionally plan their college experience by considering research, study abroad, service, student involvement, and leadership opportunities that will enhance their degree and lead to greater career opportunities. Honors advisors also serve as career advisors by helping students prepare for their plans after graduation, whether it is employment, service, or graduate/professional school.
Advising hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. While walk-in advising is frequently available, appointments are recommended and can be made by calling 317.274.2660 or by e-mailing Wendy Crandall, Administrative Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lisa Ruch, Director of Academic Affairs, email@example.com.
- Emily Clossin, Assistant Director, Academic Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org. Emily serves as the Honors advisor for Plater Scholars and Chancellor Scholars (H-P).
- Laura Masterson, Assistant Director, Academic Advising, email@example.com. Laura serves as the Honors advisor for Bepko Scholars and Fellows and Chancellor Scholars (Q-Z).
- Timothy O’Malley, Assistant Director, Academic Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org. Tim serves as the Honors advisor for Herbert Presidential Scholars and Chancellor Scholars (A-G).
- Sarah Glener, Assistant Director, Scholarship Coordinator, email@example.com. Sarah works with students and Honors advisors to coordinate scholarships. Sarah also serves as the main contact for prospective students.
Honors Advising is located at:
IUPUI Honors College
0124 University Library
755 West Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202